Specialized Tools and Diagnostics Equipment
Autologic helps us save time and save you money
You’ve seen the signs or the ads that say “We work on all German cars” or “we repair all European cars” or “if you can push it or drag it in here we can fix it” (just kidding).
The fact is that all cars are getting more complex (and more capable) with every new model. BMW and MINI are recognized worldwide as being leaders in the application of technology to improve vehicle performance, safety, comfort, and economy. This ever expanding sophistication demands ever growing technician knowledge and a very significant continuing investment in the latest mechanical tools and computer assisted diagnostic systems. At Broad Stroke Associates, they believe that to consistently provide the very best service available they must specialized on only one manufacturer and they have chosen BMW / MINI.
Special tools and computer based diagnostics not only make repair or upgrade work more accurate, they make that work more productive. Unlike the general mechanic shops that have to troubleshoot based on generic parameters or do trial and error experimenting, BSA has the specific diagnostics for your vehicle, the specific tools to make repairs or parts replacements if necessary, and the factory trained technicians to insure that the work is completed properly.
To you, this means that your vehicle spends less time in the shop, dealer intervention is not required for coding or programming, your wait time is reduced and most importantly, the overall cost of service is significantly less.
In addition, with their high level of computer based systems, BSA can offer enhancements to your vehicle that are not commonly available. Here are some examples:
- Car & key memory – Override the factory coding settings such as changing the temperature units or the date format in the car.
- Add & remove keys – Add additional keys, recover existing keys that have been lost and found and remove lost or stolen keys.
- Retrofits – Install genuine BMW retrofit parts kits such as a facelift light, towbar and folding mirrors as well as iPod, Dension, Mowbridge and Combox multi-media products.
- Conversions – Like changing the display language in the car or changing the oil service interval, add cruise control, enable TV-in-motion, unlock airbags, upgrade equipment on a model-to-model basis and even offer country variant configuration for imported cars.
- Performance tunes – modifications to the original BMW software for the engine Electronic Control Unit (ECU). A new set of control specifications results in greater brake horse power and torque.
- Personalised Reports: Vehicle specific reports of conditions found and modification results for customers.
These functions together along with other features indicated above, surpass the functionality of other diagnostic tools as well as some dealer capabilities.
BSA is unique among other independent service shops in offering full fault code read and re-set, full component activation, electronic control unit procedures, clearing and setting of adaptation values, full coverage of (ECU) control units coding, full programming capability including engine control modules and transmission control modules, adjustment of engine idle, real-time reading of all dynamic data, procedure for engine and immobiliser alignment, procedure for trial substitution of control units and procedure for the fitting of BMW accessories.
BMW Models covered include:
- 1 Series: F20 / E81 / E82 / E87 / E88
- 3 Series: F30 / E90 / E91 / E92 / E93 / E46 / E36
- 5 Series: F10 / F11 / F18 / E60 / E61 / E39 / E34
- 5 GT: F07
- 6 Series: F06 / F12 / E63 / E64
- 7 Series: F01 / F02 / F03 / E65 / E66 / E67 / E68 / E38 / E32
- 8 Series: E31
- X Series: X6 (E71 / E72) X5 (E70 / E53) X3 (E83) X1 (E84)
- Z Series: Z4 (E89 / E86 / E85) Z3 (E36 / E37 / E38) Z8 (E52)
- M Series: M3 / M5 / M6 / X5 M / X6 M / Z4 M / Z3 M
MINI Models covered include:
- R50, R52, R53, R55, R56, R57, R58, R59, R60
How we use Autologic to help you.
- Read & clear DTCs – Read and clear Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs), also known as diagnostic fault codes, to identify vehicle faults.
- Make diagnostic requests – Read live vehicle data, such as the engine temperature, engine speed, vehicle speed and the suspension height data.
- Activate components – Activate particular components within applicable systems, such as activate air suspension valves to aid with fault diagnosis.
- Coding – You can use Autologic to configure any control unit that is codeable to function differently for various vehicle configurations. Examples include the settings on the instrument cluster, airbag, heater and A/C, video and vehicle immobiliser. You need to code all of the new control units when you first fit them to a vehicle. You may also need to code some vehicles after you have fitted accessories such as tow bars and xenon headlamps. Some configuration options on Autologic are not available on the OEM-level tools, so Autologic gives you more freedom to personalise your customers’ vehicles.
- Flash programming – Many control units are flash programmable. As part of the on-going support, vehicle manufacturers periodically release updated software, often to overcome running issues. Autologic enables you to do these updates. Autologic can program the control units on BMW vehicles from 1998 model year onwards. Software files are constantly updated to keep up with fixes from BMW. All engine and transmission control units need programming before they will work on a vehicle. Body control units also need coding before they will work on a vehicle and they also need to be updated, as necessary. Autologic can also program keys and alarm remotes for all BMW models.
- Initialisations – Autologic can do all of the car key memory functions for all of the BMW vehicles for which it is possible.
- Make adjustments – Control-unit-specific adjustments might be the idle speed for the engine control unit, Valvetronic and VANOS adjustments.
- Service functions – These functions allow you to do tests during a vehicle service. For example, desulphrise and denox the catalytic converter, register a replacement battery, test the air pressure control and test the exhaust back pressure.